ELSEVIER - Agreement between the LEPL - Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation and ELSEVIER BV was concluded on 28 May 2014. In the framework of the agreement, a consortium of 21 organizations was established and representatives of the abovementioned organizations and Georgian research community have a full access to the world’s largest International Publisher - ELSEVIER’s Databases
- LEPL Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
- LEPL Ilia State University
- LEPL Tbilisi State Medical University
- LEPL Sokhumi State University
- LEPL Shota Rustaveli Batumi State University
- LEPL Georgian Technical University
- LEPL Akaki Tsereteli State University
- LEPL Telavi Iakob Gogebashvili State University
- LEPL National Centre of Manuscripts
- LEPL G. Eliava Institute of Bacteriophage, microbiology and Virology
- LEPL I. Beritashvili Center of Experimental Biomedicine
- LEPL Georgian National Academy of Science
- LEPL Georgian Academy of Agricultural Sciences
- George Chubinashvili National Research Centre for Georgian Art History and Heritage Preservation
- LEPL Shota Rustaveli Theatre and Film State University
- LEPL V. Sarajishvili Tbilisi State Conservatoire
- LEPL Tbilisi A. Kutateladze State Academy of Arts
- Georgian National Museum
- Samtskhe-Javakheti State University
- Shota Meskhia State University of Zugdidi
- Gori State University
Among them are:
- 14 Higher Educational Institutions;
- 3 Research Centers;
- 1 Scientific Institute;
- Georgian National Academy of Science;
- Georgian Academy of Agricultural Sciences ;
- Georgian National Museum;
Elsevier’s online tools assist Georgian researchers in finding and effectively using scientific content, tracking trends, authors, institutions and journals performance. These tools are also used in research performance evaluation in order to discover scientific competitive advantages, resource allocation and evidence-based decision making and policy setting.
Access to Elsevier’s research and discovery tools at national level include:
ScienceDirect is Elsevier's full-text platform for scientific, technical, and medical (STM) journals and books. It covers more than 3,500 journal titles and over 19,000 books available 24/7.
Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database covering more than 20,000 titles from more than 5,000 publishers of high quality, peer-reviewed literature and quality web sources, including a number of regionally relevant journals, with tools to track, analyze and visualize research.
In addition, an access to “SciVal Funding and Reviewer Finder” has been provided to Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation, which is extremely important in terms of identifying appropriate reviewers for grant applications of submitted scientific proposals in the frame of state research grants competitions as well as fostering international cooperation. Besides, Elsevier will organize trainings and workshops for Georgian scientists to enhance their literature discovery skills, scientific writing skills and increase their likelihood of acceptance into international journals.
In 2014, the competition was organized to identify an International Refereed Georgian journals to be hosted in ElSEVIER’s Database. As a result of the competition, ElSEVIER’s Expert Council have selected 2 Georgian journals:
- The journal of A. Razmadze Mathematical Institute (“Transactions of A. Razmadze Mathematical Institute”).
- The journal of Agricultural University of Georgia. (“Annals of Agrarian Science”).
The successful partnership continues. Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation (SRNSF) will fund the infrastructure development and hosting of 2 Georgian scientific e-journals in ElSEVIER’s Database for three years period.