Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation announces call for PhD scholarships 2016
The main goal of the program is to develop intellectual potential of the country and prepare highqualified science staff. Sub-goals of the program are: targeted use of intellectual potential existing in the universities, creating relevant conditions for the research, collaboration between PhD students and higher education institutions abroad. Objective of the project is to identify successful, talented, young researcher and contribute to bringing his/her doctoral research project to international standards. In addition, the grant will contribute to young researchers’ integration in international project and increase of Georgia’s scientific research quality.
Call for PhD scholarships 2016 is open to various fields of science (sub-fields are listed in the classification):
- Natural Sciences;
- Engineering and Technology;
- Medical and health Sciences;
- Agricultural Sciences;
- Social Sciences;
- Georgian Studies.
Program participation is announced through open competition.
The foundation will fund individual grant proposals only.
Georgian citizen PhD students of higher educational institutions, enrolled in in accordance to Georgian legislation.
PhD students who are the winners of 2013-2014 call for PhD scholarships - are not eligible to participate in the program.
For implementation of the project, researchers can use material-technical base, which belong to the higher educational institution, scientific-research institute or other legal/physical body.
Implementation of the winning projects will start from October 2016.
Project duration: minimum 6 months, maximum 36 months.
Requested funding from SRNSF for one project should not exceed 21 000 GEL (a year).
The Call Administration timeframe:
- July 7, 2016 - Call opening;
- July 18, 2016 - Date of opening electronic registration database and providing detailed guidelines;
- July 20, 26, 16:00 - Info days;
- August 1, 2016 - Deadline for submitting questions online;
- August 8, 2016. 23:00 - Deadline of submitting electronic proposals;
- August 10, 2016. 16:00 - The deadline for submitting proposals (hard copy) at the foundation office.
There will be no individual consultations.
Documentation submitted after the deadline shall not be considered.
You can find detailed information on Call terms and conditions in the following documents:
- Decree of the Minister of Education and Science of Georgia, #128/N, dated September 30, 2014;
- Call conditions - Decree of SRNSF Director General (Annex 1);
- Project cover page (Annex 2) Georgian / English;
- Project proposal (Annex 3) Georgian / English;
- Project budget and budget justification (Annex 4) Georgian / English;
- Project implementation timeframe (Annex 5) Georgian / English;
- CV of PhD student (CV) (Annex 6) Georgian / English;
- Details about PhD thesis supervisor, co-supervisor (if applicable) and consultant (if applicable) (Annex 7) Georgian / English;
- Project summary in Georgian and English (Annex 8);
- Information about provision of scientific infrastructure for the Project, signed by head of PhD program. (Annex 9) Georgian / English;
- Statement of participation in the program (Annex 10) Georgian;
- Document proving co-funding (if applicable) (Annex 11) Georgian / English;
- Classification (Annex 12) Georgian / English;
- Funding norms per country category (Annex 13).
Project submitted to the foundation should be prepared in accordance to the forms indicated while the call announcement.
Project application should be submitted at the foundation office not later than August 10, 2016, 16:00. Documents submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
For project implementation purposes, expenses for PhD student’s participation in the international event (conference, congress, workshop, seminar etc.) and 12 days duration visit abroad, will be covered in accordance to the decree of the President of Georgia, #231, dated April 20, 2005 (about per/diem and hotel expense norms).
In the event of visiting more than 12 days – PhD student shall see Annex 13.
Call for PhD scholarships 2016 coordinators:
Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation wishes you the best of luck!