SRNSFG announces 2019`s Call for Applied Research Grants
Title of the Call:
Call for Applied Research Grants Program
The Innovative Applied Research Grants Program is a part of the Georgia National Innovation Ecosystem (GENIE) Project implemented by the Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation of Georgia (SRNSFG), which is a Legal Entity of Public Law operating under the aegis of Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sport of Georgia. The call is administered according to the Loan Agreement of March 28, 2016 between Georgia and International Bank for Reconstruction and Development. (Loan Number 8595-GE)
Call abbreviation- CARYS
The aim of the call is to support:
- Innovative activities with cooperation of public, private and academic sectors and their participation in the development of digital economy.
- Implementing the collaborative applied research carried out by young scientists;
- Young researchers advanced research and transferable skills enhancement
- Promote design and implementation of the innovative research projects with commercialization perspective and technology transfer potential, addressing Georgia’s social and economic challenges and introduce innovation on a global scale.
Project proposal type- Group
Basic terms and conditions of the call:
Key personal (Group of Researchers) having the support from the host institution to access on material and technical research infrastructure can apply for the call.
At least 50% of the team member contributions must come from young researchers
No more than 25% of the key personnel can come from the private sector representatives
Projects maximum duration: 12 months
Maximum Funding from SRNSFG- 250 000 GEL
Funding for the key personnel`s can`t be more than 40% of the project budget.
The salary of the supporting personnel can` t be more than 10% of the project budget.
Overhead costs for the host institution can`t be more than 7% of the project budget.
The evaluation process composes of two stages:
- A) Peer Review evaluation;
- B) Evaluation by the Selection Committee
Call administration calendar
Group Consultations- November 28, December 10, December 11, 2019, 15.00
Deadline for sending the questions - December 12, 2019
Electronic Registration in Grants Management Unified System (GMUS)– November 29- December 19, 2019 18.00
Deadline for submitting the statement on participation at the SRNSFG-December 20, 2019, 16.00
Call Regulatory documents:
Other Call regulatory documents are only available in Georgian
Necessary materials and annexes to prepare the project proposal:
Terms and Conditions of the Call-available only in Georgian
General information about the project-has to be filled in GMUS during the project registration
Project Proposal-annex 3
Letter of Co-funding (if applicable) -annex 4
Tel: 2 200 220 (4018)
Tel: 2 200 220 (4017)