EURAXESS - Researchers in Motion is a unique pan-European initiative delivering information and support services to professional researchers. Backed by the European Union, member states and associated countries, it supports researcher mobility and career development, while enhancing scientific collaboration between Europe and the world.
On October 1st, 2019, EURAXESS Georgia Network Startup project was launched. The project aims at developing EURAXESS Georgia National Network, EURAXESS Georgia National Portal and supporting research mobility, career development and international scientific cooperation at a national level.
In frame of the project:
- The EURAXESS Georgia Bridgehead Organization (BHO) was established at Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation of Georgia. Since the establishment of the BHO, a director general of the foundation held various meetings with scientific staff of Georgian universities and research institutions. During these meetings information about EURAXESS and opportunities it offers was delivered to the target audience.
- The EURAXESS Georgia Service Centre (ESC) was established. The ESC is now fully functional and provides information and assistance to all interested personnel.
- EURAXESS Georgia National Portal content was developed and the portal was launched. The portal is bilingual (English and Georgian) is now fully operational. https://www.euraxess.ge/
- EURAXESS Georgia is presented on social media: Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Georgian EURAXESS Network was developed. It is composed by the BHO, ESC and 6 EURAXESS Contact Points representing 6 leading universities of Georgia. https://www.euraxess.ge/georgia/georgian-network
- EURAXESS Georgia’s team elaborated Guides for Non-mobile Researchers and Mobility Guide for Outgoing Researcher. The Guides are published on the EURAXESS Georgia national portal https://www.euraxess.ge/georgia/information-assistance/career-development-opportunities
- EURAXESS Georgia Service Centre provided trainings/info days for Georgian researchers and an administrative staff of Georgian universities and research institutions as well as the EURAXESS Contact Points.
EURAXESS Georgia Network Startup project is ongoing. During upcoming months, the project team will intensify its work with researchers and research-oriented organizations and will provide them with information, assistance, guides and trainings in order to promote EURAXESS even further and develop its services.