A joint Programme of SRNSF and University of Oxford has been announced
On 23 October 2015, the “Georgian Studies Programme” was established at Oxford University’s School of Interdisciplinary Area Studies (SIAS). In accordance with the Agreement between the University of Oxford and Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation (SRNSF), signed on 12 November 2015, this Programme will annually award visiting attachments by 2 Georgian scholars to the University of Oxford for periods of up to one year. The Visiting Georgian scholar shall be selected by a panel organized by Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation (SRNSF) with the participation of Oxford University scholars.
In the framework of the grant competition, those research projects will be funded that fall within the boundaries of Oxford University’s School of Interdisciplinary Area Studies (http://www.area-studies.ox.ac.uk/), Russian and East European Studies Unit (http://www.rees.ox.ac.uk) in all thematic areas that are relevant to Georgia: Anthropology, sociology, economics, politics, international relations, history, religion, society and culture.
To be eligible, the Georgian applicant must be either Ph.D. candidate or within 12 years of having earned a Ph.D. or the equivalent. The program will support competitively selected visiting scholars, with a view to a twelve month research-related visit to University of Oxford commencing in January 2017.
Applicants should submit in English the following required documents:
- Research project (not exceeding 1800 words, MS WORD document, Type size 11, Interval - 1.15, Font: Times New Roman);
- Resume (CV, up to 2 pages, PDF format);
- Three recent professional referees list that include the following information: Name, surname, affiliation, contact details (Phone,E-mail).
- Completed and signed statement document (Annex 4);
- Proof of awarded degree certification in PDF;
- Copy of identification card (ID/International passport) in PDF format.
In order to register the project, the applicant should send the required documents (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6) by e-mail before 30 May 2016, 18:00, to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org . A special code number will be assigned to the electronically registered project and will also be sent by e-mail to the applicant. The applicant should indicate the code number in the “Statement on participation in the call” (Annex 4) and submit the completed and signed “Statement Form” to the Foundation’s Office not later than 31.05.2016, 18:00.
11/01/2016 – Call announcement;
30/05/2016, 18:00 - Deadline for submitting call related documents by e-mail;
31/05/2016, 18:00 – Deadline for submitting “Statement on participation in the call” to the Foundation’s Office;
- 4.02.1016 – Conference Room of the Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation, 16:00 hrs.
- 10.03.2016 - Conference Room of the Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation, 16:00 hrs. - Registration Form
- 19.04.2016 - Conference Room of the Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation, 16:00 hrs. - Registration Form
4/07/2016 – SRNSF sends notification to the shortlisted applicants selected for interviews;
July 2016 – Panel interviews;
September – Announcement of the Call’s Results;
September – Conclusion of grant agreements
Detailed information on the application form and submission procedure can be found in the following documents:
Questions and correspondence regarding this call should be directed to the following contact persons:
Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation wishes you a success!