Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization (CTBTO)
Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation of Georgia disseminates information regarding upcoming CTBT Science and Technology 2019 Conference (SnT 2019) which will take place from 24 to 28 June 2019, at the Hofburg Palace in Vienna, Austria.
The Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization (CTBTO) is an international organization that will be established upon the entry into force of the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty, a Convention that outlaws nuclear test explosions. Its seat will be Vienna, Austria. The organization will be tasked with verifying the ban on nuclear tests and will operate therefore a worldwide monitoring system and may conduct onsite inspections. The Preparatory Commission for the CTBTO, and its Provisional Technical Secretariat, were established in 1997 and are headquartered in Vienna, Austria.
Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization (CTBTO) relies on innovation to enhance the capabilities of the Treaty’s verification regime as well as to help move the Treaty closer to universalization and entry into force.
As the seventh event in the CTBT: Science and Technology conference series, SnT2019 will bring together around 1000 scientists, technologists, academics, students, CTBTO policy makers, members of the media and representatives of organizations involved in research and development that is relevant to all aspects of Treaty verification.
Goals of the conference are defined as follows:
- Broadening and strengthen the engagement of the scientific communities working in test ban monitoring, including young scientists, and to enhance the geographic and gender representations of these communities
- supporting the exchange of knowledge and ideas between the CTBTO and the broader scientific community
- Identifying opportunities and possible solutions to continuously improve nuclear test monitoring and verification
- Identifying how scientific developments and cooperation can support national needs and frame policy objectives in support of the CTBT
- Promoting the wider civil and scientific applications of techniques and data used for test ban verification.
Conference is divided into 5 discussion themes:
- Earth as a complex system;
- Events and nuclear test sites;
- Verification technologies and technique application;
- Performance optimization;
- CTBT in a global context.
Conference will be held on June 24-28 2019 in Vienna Austria.
Deadline for abstract submission is January 31, 2019.
For additional information please visit the web-site.
In case of further questions please contact organizers on following e-mail address: SnT@ctbto.org