SRNSFG announces 2019 Call for ERC Visiting Research Fellowship Programme
Title of the call: call for ERC Visiting Research Fellowship Programme 2019
Call abbreviation - ERCF
Aim of the Call
a) Supporting Georgian scientist’s successful participation in European Research Council (ERC) grant calls and promoting their integration into the international scientific area.
b) Funding Georgian scientist’s research fellowship with Principal Investigators/research teams of the European Research Council (ERC) funded projects in the research host institutions and scientific research centers.
Project proposal type – individual
Major terms of the call:
- Georgian citizen Young Scientist with the letter of support from the Principal Investigators/research teams of the European Research Council (ERC) funded projects are eligible to apply for the call and receive funding for research fellowship.
- Young scientist – Georgian citizen who holds PhD or equivalent academic degree, which is obtained 12 years prior to the call announcement.
- For receiving Support Letter, applicants must address Principal Investigators/research teams of the European Research Council (ERC) funded projects.
- Applicant must be proficient in English or host state (ERC funded project PI’s State) language.
- Duration of the Research Fellowship can be 3, 4 or 5 months.
- Monthly scholarship during the research fellowship period is 2000 (two thousand) Euro equivalent to GEL.
- Monthly scholarship covers: accommodation, local transportation, food, health insurance, visa fees and related costs, registration fee at the host institution (if applicable).
- An applicant is entitled to submit one application in frames of the call.
- After the completing and returning to Georgia, a selected applicant is required to submit the proposal to the next appropriate call of ERC within the period, defined by the grant agreement and present confirmation document to the SRNSFG.
Call administration calendar:
- Electronic registration – July 25, 2019 – September 20, 2019 16:00 ;
- Registration/submitting documents at the SRNSFG – September 23, 2019 16:00,;
- Eligibility check of submitted proposals – September 2019;
- Evaluation of submitted proposals by the commission- September – October, 2019:
- Approving grant holders based on the evaluation – October – November, 2019;
- Signing grant agreements - November 2019;
“Consultation meetings” will be held (the date will be confirmed later) at the Conference Hall of the Foundation (Address #1 M. Aleksidze str. III floor, Tbilisi, 0193).
Call regulatory documents;
- Ministers Decree N291 of the Ministry of Education, Science, Culture and Sport of Georgia
- Decree N86 of the Director General of the Foundation, dated as of the July 18, 2019
Call documents and annexes
- Terms and conditions – Annex 1
- Cover page of the application - to be filled in GMUS– Annex 2
- Project Proposal – Annex 3 (Geo/Eng)
- CV of the Young Scientist – Annex 4 (Geo/Eng)
- Letter of co-financing – Annex 5 (Geo/Eng)
- Statement of participation – Annex 6
Electronic registration links
Submitting/registration of the project proposal at the Grans Management Unified System (Link)
Important information for the applicants
Please, read Minister’s Decree and Decree of the Director General of SRNSFG carefully before submitting the application
Only group consultation meetings will be held;
Levan Tlashadze – 2 200 220 (4445)