Call for “Leonardo Da Vinci” 2016
Inventor pupils’ competition “Leonardo Da Vinci” aims to support ongoing reforms at general educational institutions; to stimulate and improve learning process and raise pupils’ interest towards learning; to raise interest towards innovation and technology; to develop creative thinking and practical skills.
Competition is open to any person who are VII-XII graders at the general educational institutions (public and private schools).
Only 2016 inventor pupils’ competition “Leonardo Da Vinci” winner IX-XII graders can participate in the Intel International Science and Engineering Fair (Intel ISEF).
The competition will be conducted in two stages:
At the first stage of the competition, a participant shall submit an application form and a research plan / primary idea (uploaded PDF file) (with scanned signatures) to the following email address: email@example.com.
Competition commission will review submitted application form and research plan / primary idea in accordance with the first stage evaluation criteria, and determine short-listed projects that moved to the second stage.
At the second stage, an applicant will submit a statement for participation in the competition, electronic files containing project description and illustrative layout / model / or drawings (photos), (scanned versions of drawings are allowed to upload); professional biographies of the project manager and the relevant field scientist or supervisor (if any) (uploaded PDF file) to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Competition administration schedule:
- 14/04/2016 at 16:00 – deadline for the first stage application form and the research plan / primary idea submission;
- 18/04/2016 at 16:00 – deadline for the application submission at the Foundation Office;
- 6/06/2016 – Announcement of the first stage competition results;
- 19/09/2016 at 16:00 – deadline for the second stage, submission of the statement of participation in the competition, electronic files containing project description and illustrative layout / model / or drawings (photos); professional biographies of the project manager and the relevant field scientist or supervisor (if any);
- 22/09/2016 at 16:00 – deadline for the registration of the statement of participation and the illustration / model at the Regional Resource Center or the Foundation Office;
- 10.2016 – Finalists will be selected by the competition commission;
- 11.2016 – The competition commission will announce the winner.
Please see the links below for the detailed information about the competition requirements:
- Government of Georgia resolution
- Order of the Director General
- Terms of the competition
- Research project plan / primary idea for the first stage submission
- The first stage application form
- Project description to be submitted at the second stage
- Statement of participation to be submitted at the second stage
- Scientific directions and sub-categories
- Registration instructions
Group consultations will be held for applicants:
- March 1, 2016
- April 7, 2016
- September 1, 2016
At 16:00 at the Foundation Conference Hall; address: 3rd floor, 1 Merab Aleksidze Street.
For detailed information, please contact:
Maka Kajaia, the Program Coordinator
Address: 3rd floor, 1 Merab Aleksidze Street
Tel: + (995 32) 2 200 220 (4409); 577 97 72 02
We wish you good luck!