SRNSFG announces 2022 Call for Applied Research State Grants
Title of the call: Call for Applied Research State grants 2022
Call Abbreviation: AR
Aim of the call:
To select and fund original researches that aim at gaining new knowledge or applying existing knowledge to solve recognized, specific problems or practical tasks; To determine the applicability of a new or improved technology, methodology, product, service or solution through the technological/methodological development of a small-scale prototype, experimentation and validation in a laboratory or simulated environment, or through the demonstration of piloting and/or application in the real environment.
The research should be focused on experimental development, increasing the Technology Transfer Readiness Level, commercialization or industrialization. The researches funded within this call should contribute to the strengthening of Georgia's Smart Specialization and the effective inclusion of science into the country's economy.
Project type: Institutional
Three types of applied research can be funded within the call:
- Proof of Concept research shall be aimed at determining the applicability of a methodological or technological idea in a laboratory or simulated environment through experimentation (testing);
- Pilot research shall be aimed at validating of the applicability of a methodological or technological idea in a real/industrial environment through examination/testing.
- Implementation research shall be aimed at demonstrating of the applicability of a methodological or technological idea in a production/industrial environment, approbation of a production line service to ensure its access to the market.
The expenditure of the requested sum from the foundation must meet the following requirements:
- The duration of the project submitted for the call should be 12 or 24 months;
- For Proof of Concept, the grant funding requested from the Foundation should not exceed 90,000 GEL per year, and 180,000 GEL for 2 years. Also, the project is required to co-finance at least 5% of the grant funding;
- For Pilot research, the grant funding requested from the foundation should not exceed 120,000 GEL per year, and 240,000 GEL for 2 years. Also, the project is required to co-finance at least 15% of the grant funding;
- For Implementation research, the grant funding requested from the fund should not exceed 180,000 GEL per year, and 360,000 GEL for 2 years. Also, the project is required to co-finance at least 25% of the grant funding.
Call administration calendar:
- August 8-August 16, 16:00-Registration in the Grants Management Unified System (GMUS);
- August 10, August 25, September 9-Online group consultation dates;
- September 19, 16:00-deadline for delivering the application document at the SRNSFG office;
- September-Eligibility check of the submitted projects;
- September-Publish midterm results of the call;
- Evaluation of projects in two stages:
- September-Assessment of technology transfer and commercialization potential
- September-December-Scientific assessment by independent reviewers/group of reviewers
- December-Publish final results of the Call
- January, 2023-Sign the grant agreement
Call Regulatory documentation:
- Decree of the Government of Georgia N85;
- Decree of the SRNSFG Director General N146;
- Amendment to the Decree of the SRNSFG Director General 146 (Decree N156);
- Budget Classification;
- Evaluation Criteria.
Useful annexes and materials:
General information about the project – fill in GMUS, Annex 2
Project proposal- Annex 3 (GEO/ENG)
CV – Fill in GMUS, Annex 4;
Project timeframe – Fill in GMUS, Annex 5
Project budget and justification – Fill in GMUS, Annex 6
Letter of co-funding commitment (if applicable) – Annex 7 (GEO/ENG)
Statement of participation in the call- Generated from GMUS after project is submitted, Annex 8
Frequently Asked Questions
Note: Regulatory documents and annexes of the Call are accessible on the Georgian version of the website.
Links to the Grants Management Unified System (GMUS)
Instruction to the online registration
Important information for the applicants:
Please read the Decree of the Government of Georgia, SRNSFG Director General’s decree and its Amendment, call conditions and other annexes carefully;
Only group consultations will be held;
Send all the questions to the e-mail address: email@example.com