Georgia-Julich Joint Programme for Master and PhD Students, Jointly Funded by Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation and Forschungszentrum Jülich
Purpose of the joint program is to enable Georgian students the access to the world-leading scientific research center Julich to experience and conduct frontier research in fundamental and applied sciences; assist Julich in recruiting the best and the brightest students from Georgian universities and prepare Master and PhD theses for further progress of Georgian science.
The Foundation and Julich will provide 3 Georgian Master and 3 PhD-students the opportunity to carry out a Master/PhD thesis related research at Julich during their internship, and to establish long-term cooperation with researchers at Julich as well as in German universities or non-university research institutions in the following agreed research fields:
2) Information Technologies;
3) Natural Sciences;
4) Engineering Sciences;
5) Life Science and Health.
Application submission procedure:
By the agreement between the Foundation and Julich of June 16, 2015, Master and PhD students of Iv. Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University, Georgian Technical University, Ilia State University, Agricultural University of Georgia or any other Georgian university (by mutual consent of Julich and this university), the potential beneficiary of programme should submit to the Foundation electronic version of application and its hard copy, in English and in Georgian languages.
Master and PhD students should submit required documentation in English and in Georgian languages as follows:
- Should submit electronic version (in scanned PDF format) of annexes 3, 4, 5 and other required documentation to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than August 17, 2016, at 17:00.
- Should submit hard copies of project documentation including annex 7 to the Foundation office no later than August 19, 2016, at 17:00.
- Should submit electronic version (in scanned PDF format) of annexes 3, 4, 6 and other required documentation to the email address: email@example.com no later than October 14, 2016, at 17:00.
- Should submit hard copies of project documentation including annex 7 to the Foundation office no later than October 18, 2016, at 17:00.
For detailed information, see the following links:
- Decree of SRNSF Director General
- Annex 1 – Call terms and conditions for participation
- Annex 2 – Agreement on Julich-Georgia Joint Programme for Master and PhD Students (in Georgian and in English)
- Annex 3 – Application form - cover sheet (in Georgian and in English)
- Annex 4 – Tabular Curriculum Vitae (in Georgian and in English)
- Annex 5 – Budget form for Master Students (in Georgian and in English)
- Annex 6 – Budget form for PhD Students (in Georgian and in English)
- Annex 7 – Statement to SRNSF office
Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation:
+995 322 200 220 (4322)
+995 322 200 220 (4133)
Manager International Affairs
Office of the Board of Directors and International Affairs
Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
D-52425 Jülich, Germany