Forschungszentrum Jülich & Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation announce “Joint Research and Education Programme for PhD Students”
Forschungszentrum Jülich (JÜLICH) and Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation (SRNSF) have opened the Call for Project Proposals in the frame of “Joint Research and Education Programme”.The aim of the Programme is to: (i) Enable Georgian students the access to JÜLICH world-leading scientific research centre to experience and conduct frontier research in fundamental and applied sciences and (ii) Assist JÜLICH in recruiting the best and the brightest students from Georgian universities and prepare PhD theses for further progress of Georgian science.
Georgian PhD students granted by JÜLICH and SRNSF under the Call (up to 3) will get the opportunity to carry out a research project at JÜLICH during their internship, and to establish long-term cooperation with researchers in JÜLICH as well as in German universities or non-university research institutions in the following agreed research fields:
2) Information Technologies;
3) Natural Sciences;
4) Engineering Sciences;
5) Life Science and Health;
In accordance with “Memorandum of Understanding “concluded on June 16, 2015 between the parties, as part of the program, PhD students of the Georgian Universities’ consortium - Ivane Javakhisvhili Tbilisi State University (TSU), Georgian Technical University (GTU) and Ilia State University (ISU) or other Georgian Universities upon approval by Jülich Center - are enabled to visit Jülich Center and work on research projects (PhD thesis) in collaboration with German academic supervisors. To be eligible, applicants must be under 30 years (as of the date of the announcement of the programme).
Application forms and relevant documents prepared in Georgian and English Languages should be submitted as follows:
- Annexes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and other requested scanned documents that are completed and converted into PDF format should be sent to: email@example.com before 26 October 17:00.
- The printed versions of all the documents that were sent electronically as well as signed applications (See. Annex 6) should be submitted before 27 October 17:00.
Relevant information on the application form and submission procedure can be found on the following links:
- Order of the SRNSF Director General
- Annex 1 – Programme Guidelines
- Annex 2 – Agreement on Implementation of Joint Programme
- Annex 3 – Application Form (in Georgian and English Languages)
- Annex 4 – Grant Seeker’s Tabulated CV (in Georgian and English Languages)
- Annex 5 – Budget Form (in Georgian and English Languages)
- Annex 6 – Statement Form to be submitted to SRNSF Office
Group consultations will be take place on 15 and 20 October at 16:00 at SRNSF Conference room.
Contact persons for the Call:
At Jülich Center - Sabine Dues
Manager International Affairs
Office of the Board of Directors and International Affairs
Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
D-52425 Jülich, Germany
At SRNSF - Khatia Ananiashvili
+995 322 200 220 (4133);