SRNSFG announces 2019 Call for Basic Research State Grants
Title of the call: Basic Research State Grants
Call Abbreviation: FR
Aim of the Call:
Call for Basic Research State Grants aims at gaining new knowledge in various scientific fields and focuses on theoretical and experimental analysis of the theories, models, new ideas and concepts that should facilitate socio-political, economic, public, cultural and technological progress of the country in a long-term perspective. The call supports establishment of competitive research environment, promotes the development of excellent research in compliance with international standards and internationalizations. The call aims at attracting young researchers and developing their scientific potential.
Project type: Institutional
The project budget and duration is determined based of the scheme below:
The expenditure of requested sum from the foundation must meet the following requirements:
- Grant funding for the key personnel should not exceed 40000 GEL per year
- In the case of young scientists’ involvement in the project their funding should be at least 9000 GEL per year for each young scientist.
- Salary for supporting personnel should not exceed 5000 GEL per year in total.
- Overhead – Indirect costs required for realization of planned project activities should not exceed 5% of requested funding from SRNSFG in total.
Call administration calendar
- July 3, 16:00 – deadline for registration in the Grants Management Unified System (GMUS);
- July 5, 16:00 – deadline for providing the application document at the SRNSFG office;
- July – Eligibility check of the submitted projects;
- July – Publish midterm results of the call;
- August – November - Evaluation of submitted projects by independent reviewers/group of reviewers;
- January 2020 – Publish final results of the call;
- January 2020 – Sign the grant agreement.
Call Regulatory documentation:
- Decree of the Government of Georgia N84
- Decree of the SRNSFG Director General
- Classification of scientific directions (GEO/ENG)
- Budget classifier
- Evaluation criteria
Useful annexes and material:
- Terms of Reference – annex 1
- General information about the project - template, annex 2
- Abstract – annex 3 (GEO/ENG)
- Project proposal- annex 4 (GEO/ENG)
- Project timeframe – template, annex 5
- Project budget and justification - template, annex 6
- Letter of Personal Commitment of the foreign advisor (if applicable) - annex 7
- Letter of co-funding commitment (if applicable) – annex 8 (GEO/ENG)
- Letter of support on providing access to research infrastructure (if applicable) – annex 9 (GEO/ENG)
- Please read Minister’s Decree, SRNSFG Director General’s decree, call conditions and other annexes carefully;
- Only group consultations will be held;
- Deadline for sending the questions electronically – July 28 at the e-mail address: email@example.com.
Salome Sharashenidze 2 200 220 (4016)
Lana Davituliani 2 200 220 (4302)
Contact information - firstname.lastname@example.org