Responsible Conduct of Research - Research Integrity and Ethics in Georgian Universities (ETHICS)
The aim of the national structural reform project ‘Responsible Conduct of Research - Research Integrity and Ethics in Georgian Universities (ETHICS)’ is to launch a systemic improvement intervention to improve the quality of University and Research-Performing Organizations (RPOs) research through launching measures to adhere to the foundations of high-quality research and excellence.
Its specific objectives are to introduce the mechanisms of ensuring research ethics, research integrity and good faith for researchers and within advanced level study programs, and in the accreditation standards of doctoral programs to enhance the standards of Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) – Ethics and Integrity supported by appropriate national and institutional policies and processes that help avoid cases of scientific work lacking originality.
The project addresses challenges of responsible research conduct - research integrity and ethics in Georgian universities through the joint national structural reform initiative, which is based on peer learning and transfer of experiences and good practice affecting not only institutions and public authorities at the EU Georgian higher education system and EU levels, but also the society at large.
The planned activities include:
(a) Policy Change and Capacity Building of Experts in Accreditation of Doctoral Programs,
(b) Creation of Research Integrity Module/MOOC,
(c) Training of Researchers and Research Support [INTEGRITY] Officers,
(d) Elaboration of University Research Integrity, Policies, Ethics, and Resources,
(e) The Research Integrity Ethics Board,
(f) Development of Academic Support and Research Integrity Services for Supportive Environment for Researchers,
(g) Enhancement of Responsible Science Communication in Georgian universities.
ETHICS Consortium is composed by 17 Members.
- Ilia State University
Project EU Partners:
- Free University Amsterdam/ STICHTING VU
- Charles University Prague
- Masaryk University
- European Network for Academic Integrity
Project Georgian HEIs:
- Ilia State University
- Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University
- Caucasus University Ltd
- David Tvildiani Medical University Llc
- Shota Rustaveli State University
- Akaki Tsereteli State University
- Samtskhe-Javakheti State University
- Iakob Gogebashvili Telavi State University
- Georgian Institute of Public Affair Foundation
- E.P.L Apollon Kutateladze Tbilisi State Academy of Art
Project Non – University Partners:
- Ministry of Education And Science of Georgia
- National Center For Educational Quality Enhancement
- Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation
For detailed information, please visit the “ETHICS” official webpage: https://ethics.iliauni.edu.ge/en
For detailed information, please visit the “ETHICS” official Facebook webpage:https://bit.ly/409XMB8